Scotland is a Horrible Histories Special book. It was originally titled "Bloody Scotland" and it was renamed to "Scotland" in 2009 in the book makeover version of Scotland. It had It is part of the British isles box set which also includes England, Ireland and Wales.
It's history with the nasty bits left in!
Want to know:
- How to play gruesome games like Twisting the Cow?
- What the Scots used to do with burnt pigeon droppings?
- Whenever you're a glaikit, douce or peelie-wally?
Discover the dreadful deeds' that make the history of Scotland so horrible - all the gore and more!
Over 50 Horrible Histories titles to collect! Got the whole horrible lot?
- Introduction - 5
- Take your Pict - Dark Age Scotland - 9
- Funny food, cwaint customs and sporran sports - 28
- Battling bravehearts - the Middle Ages - 44
- Wild women and crazy cures - 60
- Tudor Terrors - the 1500s - 69
- Suffering school - 91
- Which is witch - the 1600s - 99
- Cruel crimes and painful punishments - 113
- Tartan taming - the 1700s - 125
- Weird Words - 150
- Happy history - modern Scotland
- Epilogue - 191
- ISBN: 9781407110233
- For ages 8+
- 192 Pages
- Releases: 19th of June 1998 (For Original Edition) and 4th of May 2009.
- Author: Terry Deary
- Illustrators: Martin Brown
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 1.2 x 21.6 CM