Rotten Rulers is a Horrible Histories book about Rulers. It was first published on the 17th of June 2005. It had a book makeover on the 2nd of June 2011 with 20th Century, Rowdy Revolutions and Wicked Words.
It's history with the nasty bits left in! Want to know:
- Who gave the job of high priest to a donkey?
- Who choked to death while eating a crow?
- Who celebrated victory by eating his enemy's head?
Discover all the foul facts that make the history of rulers so horrible - all the gore and more!
Some facts from it
- queen vic's physian said she looked more like a barrel than a human
- Introduction - 5
- Potty for Power - 8
- Rotten Rules - 26
- Loathsome Leader: Emperor Elagabalus - 35
- Happy Families - 40
- Food fit for a King - 54 (it has facts about george I and II
- queen victoria louis XIV)
- Loathsome Leader: Ivan IV the Terrible - 65
- Top of the tots - 70
- Potty Presidents - 84
- Loathsome Leader: Ludwig II - 90
- Be Cruel to Rule - 100
- Holy Horrors - 108
- Terribly True or Fantastically False? - 120
- Loathsome Leader: Murad IV - 124
- Try to Lie - 129
- Quaint Quiz - 138
- Loathsome Leader: Genghis Khan - 145
- Horrible H'ends - 150
- Epilogue - 172
- ISBN: 9781407111902
- For ages 8+
- 176 Pages
- Releases: 17th June 2005 (Original Edition) and 2nd June 2011 (Makeover Edition)
- Author: Terry Deary
- Illustrators: Mike Phillips and Martin Brown (Martin Brown for Cover of Makeover Edition)
- Dimensions: 13.4 x 1.2 x 21.5 CM