Rattus Rattus is the talking rat host of the Horrible Histories Sketch series. He is performed by John Eccleston, assisted by Scott Brooker. He is the star of the show.
In the Series 4 Song Special, he is shown to have a nephew called Scrappus, in the Alfred The Great episode in series 6, he claims to have 7000 cousins, one of whom was eaten by Tang Chinese Empress Wu Zhetian and in both the Series 4 Rotten Romance special and the series seven Ridiculous Romantics episode he has a girlfriend called Ratalie.
Rattus Rattus is energetic and entertaining. He often attempts to make jokes throughout Horrible Histories (Possibly trying to entertain the children audiences.) He is also VERY Mischievous. Another thing he likes to do is dress up accordingly to the episode theme so he can match the era. (Example: The episode contains King Henry VIII, Rattus would most likely be dressed as a Tudor or executioner, or perhaps Henry himself.) He is also seen to be able to hold a sign with his tail.
- He had a girlfriend in Series 4 and 7.
- He's a serial killer who killed a pet flea.
- In the Big Proms Party special, he enters the Royal Albert Hall via a sewage drainpipe.
- also answers to Rattus, Rattus Rattus.
- He once suggested that he would be a millionaire if there were a market for the fleas on his body.